We are looking for a team of friendly, reliable volunteers to assist with our Spark Children’s Art Festival Digital Playground event; a host of interactive art installations and activities, free drop-in workshops and incredible short films.
Event Dates & Times:
Saturday 26th May – Mon 28th May
Event activities open from 11am – 4pm
Volunteers needed from 10am – 4.30pm
The Digital Playground takes on a musical theme this year, with a host of interactive art installations, activities and short films exploring the world of digital sound and music making.
At the centre of our Playground will be Illumaphonium, a multi-player musical sculpture that ripples with ever changing patterns of light and sound. Created by musician and inventor Michael Davis, this giant one-of-a-kind instrument is made up of more than two hundred illuminated chime bars, bringing people together for a fun and spontaneous shared music making experience.
As a volunteer you’ll help to supervise all activities; you’ll also be a first point of contact for festival visitors and help gather audience feedback.
What we need from you:
– An enthusiasm for working with children and families, previous experience desirable but not essential.
– The ability to communicate in a clear and friendly manner.
– Reliability and the time to volunteer for at least one whole day of the festival.
What we offer you:
– Hands on, enjoyable work experience in a fun environment.
– An opportunity to learn more about working with children in an arts setting.
– A free cinema voucher for each day you volunteer.
– Free refreshments and lunch on each day you volunteer.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email Kirsty James at firstname.lastname@example.org by Fri 11th May.
Please also include the days you will be able to volunteer, and let us know your age – volunteers must be 18 or over.