At Phoenix we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it.
This policy explains:
How we obtain your personal information
Information we collect about you
How we use information about you
How we keep your information safe
How long we keep your personal information
Access to your information and correction
Links to other websites
How to contact us
We collect information when you:
- purchase tickets from us at box office, over the phone or online using our website
- join our MyPhoenix membership and loyalty scheme
- join our brochure or email mailing lists
- book to attend an event or course
- respond to our customer surveys or competitions
- use our website
- contact us electronically or in person
- apply for a job at Phoenix
- hire one of our rooms
We may collect the following information about you, depending on how you engage with us:
- your name
- contact information including email address, postal address, phone number
- your date of birth
- financial information including credit/debit card and UK tax payer information (if you Gift Aid a donation)
- records of responses to campaigns and surveys, or your communications with us
- the value of any donations you make to us as a charity
- your interests and preferred means of communications
- your CV and details of your employers past and present if you apply for a job with us
- details of your visits to our website – for example your location data, other sites you’ve visited and the resources you access
We collect information about you for the following purposes:
- to process your purchases. Where payment is made by debit/credit cards, your details may be collected by third party service providers such as credit/debit card companies or agents acting on their behalf in order to authenticate payment
- to manage your MyPhoenix membership or loyalty account and deliver benefits which are part of your membership
- to email you about our products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you, if you give us permission to do so. You may opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link in the footer of all our emails
- from time to time, to contact you for market research purposes
- to improve our products and services by better understanding your interests
- to customise our website according to your interests
We will only ever use information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will not share your personal information with any other organisations unless you have given us express permission to do so or unless we are required by to do so by law.
Phoenix is supported by a range of public authorities and grant funders who are interested in the diversity and range of people we serve. We are required to report information to these authorities that shows aggregated demographic information about groups of users.
We make sure that appropriate physical, technical and human controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your information. All staff who have access to your personal data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are given training to support them in this.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected.
We regularly review the personal data we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Phoenix, 4 Midland Street, Leicester LE1 1TG.
There is usually no charge for this, but if you make multiple requests we may make a small charge.
We want to make sure the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer to collect visitor behaviour information.
We may use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for users to move around the website and use its features.
- Performance cookies: they collect information about how you use the site, e.g. which pages you visit most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies remember choices made by the user and enhance features accordingly.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: they collect information about a user’s browsing habits. This may also include your use of social media sites such as Facebook, or how you interact with our website, which is then used to show you relevant advertisements elsewhere on the internet.
Although not through cookies, we do measure the success of the emails we send – so we know what information people liked the most.