screen_share is an event for artists making screen-based work of any kind to come together, share new work and talk about it in a friendly and informal environment.
Hosted by Phoenix, the event is open to artists in the East Midlands working across a range of media, including experimental film, animation, artists’ moving image, interactives and games.
screen_share takes a show and tell format, providing the opportunity for artists to discuss new ideas with a community of like-minded practitioners and audiences.
This edition of screen_share was hosted online using the jitsi platform.
The screened works were:
Rowan Taylor – Bed ‘n’ Bedlam
Chris Samuel – Cripple
Julia Wood – Julia’s Novelty Bloomers
Martin Cibik – Temple Trip
Lucy Robinson – (Signed) ‘Jane the Quene’
Tim Hardman – Multitudes
Danielle Vaughan – Breaking The Monotony
Mateus Domingos – Sketch
Jas Singh – untitled
Nick Mobbs – untitled
We aim to include all submissions that fit the criteria below, and ask that you join us to introduce your work. The event is open to everyone to attend, whether you’re a participating artist or just curious to see the pieces being shown.
Submissions can be made by filling out the form below.
- All forms of screen based, moving image and interactive works accepted.
- Submitted work can be any length (although it might not be possible to show longer works in full during the livestream).
- For interactive pieces, we’ll work with you on the best way to present it on the livestream.
- You must be available to attend the event if possible.
- Submitted work should be recent, ideally from no earlier than 2020.
- There is an 18+ age limit on participation in this event.
- All participants must abide by our code of conduct.