Gifts and donations to charities fall under a particular regulatory and taxation framework and it is important that we have some terms and conditions for your donation.
You are making a donation towards the charitable aims of Leicester Arts Centre Ltd. We are known as Phoenix, which is our trading name. Leicester Arts Centre Ltd. is our registered name with the Charities Commission (registration number 701078). The charity was founded in 1989.
Our general purpose as a charity is to enrich lives and celebrate ambition and diversity in film and art. Our charitable activities are grouped under the following headings:
- Film and art for all – we reach out to make our film, art and learning programme accessible to people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds or who have disabilities.
- Children and young people – every year, we welcome thousands of children to film, art and learning events at Phoenix and we offer free creative technology workshops.
- Developing future talent – we aim to inspire and support more people to get creative with film and digital technology by providing opportunities to learn and present their work.
By supporting Phoenix 2020 you will help us to expand our charitable activities very significantly.
The 2020 | BE PART OF IT fundraising programme has been created to enable anyone to donate towards Phoenix’s plans to expand its venue. Further details about these plans are available at phoenix.org.uk/2020
- The fundraising programme includes a number of options to donate and different ways in which we will acknowledge donations from individuals and businesses.
- Donation amounts are higher for businesses – which includes any organisation or individual engaged in commercial, industrial or professional activities. Charitable and not-for-profit organisations may donate at the lower ‘individual’ levels.
- All donations accepted through the website are made by payment card. We also accept cash at box office, and for amounts above £500 we accept cheques.
- In common with all registered charities we are constrained by charity law, which means that we are only able to refund a donation in certain exceptional circumstances. If you believe that a donation you have made should be refunded, please contact us within 14 days.
- All donation amounts will be placed in a reserve fund to be used towards our Phoenix 2020 development. If for any reason our plans change – or if our fundraising targets are exceeded – the funds will be invested in our three charitable programmes: Film and Art for All, Children and Young People, and Developing Future Talent.